The Jim Cronin Memorial Fund Education Grant
The Jim Cronin Memorial Fund Education Grant is awarded to experienced primate keepers who would like to further their education for the benefit of the primates in their care. The charity provides funding to cover the cost of attending relevant courses, lectures, conferences and seminars to individuals who can clearly demonstrate the benefits to primates in captivity. The Education Grant award also acts a a memorial to the life and achievements of Jim Cronin MBE.
- The Education Grant Award is open to primate carers with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
- There is no age limit for applications.
- Priority will be given to those individuals who demonstrate in their application the benefits that will be gained by participating in the course, conference or seminar.
- To apply please complete the application form and attach a separate sheet if necessary with any additional information you feel is relevant to your application.
- Please supply two passport sized photographs with your application together with a stamped addressed envelope.
- Please provide the contact details of your current employer so that we may contact them if your application is successful.
- If the course, conference or seminar is NOT in the UK, please provide a photocopy of your passport together with your application.
- Your application will be acknowledged electronically and a final decision will be sent to you by 1st class post within 3 months of the date of receipt.
- The judging panel consists of the charity’s trustees and the chief executive.
- Applications received will be considered by the judging panel and will be awarded to those individuals who meet the grant criteria, are experienced primate care givers and who in the judges opinion have clearly demonstrated the benefits to the primates in their care.
- If you are awarded an Education Grant, you will be required to provide the charity with all travel/applicable receipts relating to the grant.
- It is a condition of the Education Grant that successful individuals provide a presentation, photographs and a written report relating to the course, conference or seminar undertaken.